Re: standby registration (was: is sync rep stalled?)

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: standby registration (was: is sync rep stalled?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 10:41 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> >> When you have one server functioning at each site you'll block until
> >> you get a third machine back, rather than replicating to both sites
> >> and remaining functional.
> >
> > And that is so important a consideration that you would like to move
> > from one parameter in one file to a whole set of parameters, set
> > differently in 5 separate files?
>
> I don't accept that this is the trade-off being proposed.  You seem
> convinced that having the config all in one place on the master is
> going to make things much more complicated, but I can't see why.

But it is not "all in one place" because the file needs to be different
on 5 separate nodes. Which *does* make it more complicated than the
alternative is a single parameter, set the same everywhere.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services