Re: ALTER DATABASE RENAME with HS/SR

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: ALTER DATABASE RENAME with HS/SR
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 08:56 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> >> Probably yes. To do that, ISTM that we should make ALTER DATABASE .. RENAME
> >> issue something like XLOG_DBASE_RENAME record, and make the standby server
> >> call ResolveRecoveryConflictWithDatabase() when that record is applied.
> >> Simon?
> >
> > Certainly contrary to documented behaviour, thanks for the report.
> >
> > Question: do we want that documented behaviour, or should we leave it as
> > is? Probably want to throw a conflict, but it seems worth asking, since
> > I know for certain I just made up the documented behaviour.
> >
> > I'll patch if we agree its required.
>
> Per comments from Josh, Bernd, and myself upthread, I think the
> consensus is that we should patch the documentation.

Yep, just working on it now.

>  Aside from the
> fact that the restriction seems fairly arbitrary in any event, I'm
> unexcited about back-patching a WAL format change.

Agreed, but just in case we need to in the future, we can use the XLOG
Info record type for such problems.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)