Re: ALTER DATABASE RENAME with HS/SR

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: ALTER DATABASE RENAME with HS/SR
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 20:38 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

> > That looks contrary to the documented behavior. Shouldn't i get a forced
> > disconnect on this connection instead?
>
> Probably yes. To do that, ISTM that we should make ALTER DATABASE .. RENAME
> issue something like XLOG_DBASE_RENAME record, and make the standby server
> call ResolveRecoveryConflictWithDatabase() when that record is applied.
> Simon?

Certainly contrary to documented behaviour, thanks for the report.

Question: do we want that documented behaviour, or should we leave it as
is? Probably want to throw a conflict, but it seems worth asking, since
I know for certain I just made up the documented behaviour.

I'll patch if we agree its required.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services