Re: pgsql: Prevent infinity and NaN in jsonb/plperl transform

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Prevent infinity and NaN in jsonb/plperl transform
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 04/30/2018 02:41 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I was just about to propose exactly that fix.  This undef'ing of isnan
>> traces back to Andrew's 2006 commit ea73a78b0.  I think perhaps that's not
>> necessary with any still-supported version of Perl; I see no evidence on
>> my machines that any Perl header #defines isnan. ...

> Fingers crossed we'll be OK. Looking at the perl headers on a Windows
> machine I'm doing some other stuff on, the #define is protected by an
> #ifndef. I'm always happy when my hacks can be removed :-)

All of the Windows machines except bowerbird and hamerkop have now
reported in on this change, and none of them are showing any warnings
about isnan.  I'll be surprised if bowerbird does, since it's an
intermediate version of MSVC between ones that already reported.
hamerkop seems to be the oldest MSVC version we have, so conceivably
it'll issue a warning; but unless it fails outright I'd be inclined to
ignore it.