Re: Out of overflow pages. Out of luck.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Out of overflow pages. Out of luck.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
John Frank <jrf@segovia.mit.edu> writes:
> Does anyone have experience hacking the HASH index code to allow more
> overflow pages?

Er, why not use btree instead?  The hash index code isn't nearly as well
debugged or maintained as btree.

Of course, if you want to adopt the hash stuff as a personal project,
be my guest --- fixes are always appreciated.  But it's got a number of
known problems, like being subject to deadlocks under concurrent access.