Re: Postgres 7.1RC1 on Solaris 7

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres 7.1RC1 on Solaris 7
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David George <david@onyxsoft.com> writes:
> Ahmed Moustafa wrote:
>> I did the test by hand and here is the output:
>>
>> bash-2.03# echo "int main() { return 0; }"  >conftest.c
>> bash-2.03# gcc -o conftest conftest.c -lz -lresolv -lgen -lnsl -lsocket -ldl
>> -lm
>> bash-2.03# ./conftest
>> ld.so.1: ./conftest: fatal: libz.so: open failed: No such file or directory
>> Killed
>> bash-2.03# ldd conftest
>> libz.so =>       (file not found)

> Are you sure you have zlib?  Solaris 7 doesn't come with it.

configure had found zlib earlier in its run, so it's on his machine
somewhere.  The problem here is inconsistency between the library search
path used when creating an executable and the search path used by the
dynamic loader at run time.  (gcc's habit of searching /usr/local/lib
by default can be nasty on a platform whose dynamic loader doesn't also
have that convention...)