Re: trailing whitespace in psql table output

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: trailing whitespace in psql table output
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2010-09-24 at 22:38 +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 09:28:07PM +0300, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Everyone using git diff in color mode will already or soon be aware that
> > psql, for what I can only think is an implementation oversight, produces
> > trailing whitespace in the table headers, like this:
> >
> >  two |     f1     $
> > -----+------------$
> >      | asdfghjkl;$
> >      | d34aaasdf$
> > (2 rows)$
>
> Does this break the output with "\pset border 2"?

Um, no.

In the meantime, I have arrived at the conclusion that doing this isn't
worth it because it will break all regression test output.  We can fix
the stuff in our tree, but pg_regress is also used externally, and those
guys would have a nightmare with this change.  Perhaps if there is
another more significant revision of the table style in the future, we
should keep this issue in mind.