Re: libpq: system-wide root.crt

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: libpq: system-wide root.crt
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On tor, 2010-09-23 at 08:36 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I wonder if we want to have a default value for this rather than
> disabling it when it's not specified by configure. But is there any
> kind of reasonable default that's not going to be
> platform/distribution specific?

I would like for us to find a way to do it without configure options.
Compiling in stuff is always weird.

I'm thinking, libpq could really use a global (and, for that matter, a
per-user) configuration file, where you could set defaults for some of
the things that you currently have to use environment variables for,
e.g., sslmode.  And then you can configure the system-wide root.crt
location there.

Alternatively, if you think that that is overkill, then using an
environment variable to configure this feature would be consistent with
the existing mechanisms.