Re: Git conversion status

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Git conversion status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of mié sep 22 16:48:28 -0400 2010:
> Excerpts from Aidan Van Dyk's message of mié sep 22 16:20:15 -0400 2010:

> > I think what you want in this case (where you have a local "master"
> > repositroy, and clone your work of them) is to make your master
> > repository just be a bare mirror repo, not a
> > full-fledged-with-working-directory repository.  If it's just a mirror
> > of the remote, it doesn't have the distinction between "remote"
> > branches and "local" branches, and your local working clones of it
> > will see exactly what it's fetched from the remote.
>
> Yeah, I think this is what I want.  I'll try to see how to make that work.

Apparently the only difference is that the initial clone needs to be
done with --bare:git clone --bare ssh://git@gitmaster.postgresql.org/postgresql.git

and then the second line (which Robert added yesterday) is not
necessary.

Now I only need to wait for another commit to come in to test that
fetch/pull work ...