Re: Git cvsserver serious issue

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Git cvsserver serious issue
Дата
Re: Git cvsserver serious issue  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Git cvsserver serious issue  (Abhijit Menon-Sen <ams@toroid.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2010-09-22 at 16:03 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> That basically means that git-cvsserver is completely useless in a
> public scenario as it stands. An easier way to DOS our server is hard
> to find, really.
>
> Now, if we can limit this by IP address, that would be ok. I assume we
> can do this for the NLS stuff - peter?

Well, let's see.  If someone can figure out the git equivalent of

if cvs -q update | egrep -q '^(U|P) '; then # ... something changed, so run the update ...
fi

(assuming, for simplicity, that the current directory has the
appropriate branch checked out already)

then I might be able to get this fixed.