Re: BUG #5661: The character encoding in logfile is confusing.

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: BUG #5661: The character encoding in logfile is confusing.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On ons, 2010-09-22 at 16:25 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> A single log file should obviously be in a single encoding, it's the
> only sane way to do things. But which encoding is it in? And which
> *should* it be in?

We need to produce the log output in the server encoding, because that's
how we need to send it to the client.  If you have different databases
with different server encodings, you will get inconsistently encoded
output in the log file.

Conceivably, we could create a configuration option that specifies the
encoding for the log file, and strings a recoded from whatever gettext()
produces to the specified encoding.  initdb could initialize that option
suitably, so in most cases users won't have to do anything.

Сообщение: Re: snapshot generation broken
Сообщение: Re: snapshot generation broken