Malfunction in dropping database with pgAdmin

От Sergei Abramov
Тема Malfunction in dropping database with pgAdmin
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Platform: Windows XP, 5.1 (Build 2600).Language: Russain.
Distribution used: Binary.
pgAdmin version: 1.10.0.
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.0-1.

Bug description: When I use pgAdmin's menu command 'Delete/drop' to drop
database, especially just created, PostgreSQL server reports:
WARNING: could not remove file or directory "base/16435": Directory not
empty
WARNING: some useless files may be left behind in old database directory
"base/16435".

However, specified directory appears empty and I have to delete it
manually.
Database cluster is situated on local NTFS-drive (or local FAT-drive,
just for the experiment).
Note, that using dropdb.exe does not cause such a problem.
I've already reported this to pgAdmin's support team, they replied it is
PostgreSQL server that operates wrong...

Сообщение: Re: misleading error message in 8.5, and bad (?) way deferred uniqueness works
Сообщение: Re: misleading error message in 8.5, and bad (?) way deferred uniqueness works