Checking referencial integrity

От Machiel Richards
Тема Checking referencial integrity
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Good day all

                I am hoping that someone can perhaps assist in the following as I don't have as much experience in postgres as most people on this list.

                I need to verify and check the referencial integrity of a database containing over 700 tables.

                In order to do this I have been trying to find a way to create a visual digram of all the references / dependencies between tables (foreign keys,etc...) however doing this manually is taking way too long.

                After trying to google for better alternatives, I found a couple of gui frontends to assist in this, however I have been unable to find one that works.

                  Either they merely create reports without graphical views (like pgdesigner) and crashes whenever you want to do anything else with it or they do not even want to run on my machine due to millions of dependencies of library version differences,etc....

                   This database is but one of many databases I need to do this for thus manually doint this will be a horrible task.

                    Does anybody perhaps know whether there is a tool out there that can be used to reverse engineer the database structures, references,etc... and then output it into graphical form.

                    Otherwise, if not, I am looking for a linux (ubuntu) package that can be used to easily create these type of diagrams.

                    I would really appreciate the help here as it will save me lots of time.

Regards
Machiel