Re: Configuring synchronous replication

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Дата
Re: Configuring synchronous replication  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2010-09-20 at 15:16 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 20/09/10 12:17, Simon Riggs wrote:
> > err... what is the difference between a timeout and stonith?
>
> STONITH ("Shoot The Other Node In The Head") means that the other node
> is somehow disabled so that it won't unexpectedly come back alive. A
> timeout means that the slave hasn't been seen for a while, but it might
> reconnect just after the timeout has expired.

You've edited my reply to change the meaning of what was a rhetorical
question, as well as completely ignoring the main point of my reply.

Please respond to the main point: Following some thought and analysis,
AFAICS there is no sensible use case that requires standby registration.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication
Сообщение: Re: Configuring synchronous replication