Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a latch to make startup process wake up and replay

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a latch to make startup process wake up and replay
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-09-15 at 07:59 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 03:35:30PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:

> > Please desist while we resolve which are the good ideas and which are
> > not. We won't know that if you keep breaking other people's patches in a
> > stream of commits that prevent anybody completing other options.

> No matter how many times you try, you are not going to get a license
> to stop all work on anything you might chance to think about.  It is
> quite simply never going to happen, so you need to back off.

I agree that asking people to stop work is not OK. However, I haven't
asked for development work to stop, only that commits into that area
stop until proper debate has taken place. Those might be minor commits,
but they might not. Had I made those commits, they would have been
called premature by others also.