Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 10:13 -0700, Jeff Davis wrote:
> I'm not too picky about whether it's Assert, ERROR, or PANIC (Asserts
> aren't available in production systems, which I assume is why elog was
> used); but we should be consistent and document that:
>  (a) it shouldn't happen
>  (b) that it's just a sanity check and we're ignoring the race

I should add that Assert seems to imply both of those things (at least
to me), so that would solve one of the confusing aspects of the API.

The other confusing part that I think still needs comments is that
OwnLatch/DisownLatch don't really do anything; they just carry
information for sanity checks later.

Regards,Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)
Сообщение: Re: Interruptible sleeps (was Re: CommitFest 2009-07: Yay, Kevin! Thanks, reviewers!)