Re: Slow planning time for simple query

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Slow planning time for simple query
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 9:22 PM, Andrew Gierth
> <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
>> That's OK as long as we're ignoring those hints on the standby.

> What if we don't ignore those hints on standby for a specific case
> like the one in get_actual_variable_range?

Yeah, that's the same idea I suggested upthread.  Andrew shot down
my first thought (correctly I think) but the second one still seems
feasible.

> Now, if the user has
> enabled wal_log_hints on the master, it could save time from scanning
> many dead tuples on standby.

We should have the standby set the hint bits for itself, rather than
relying on wal_log_hints.

Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Table-level Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and KeyManagement Service (KMS)