Re: On non-Windows, hard depend on uselocale(3)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: On non-Windows, hard depend on uselocale(3)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Currently pg_locale.c requires systems to have *either* uselocale() or
> mbstowcs_l()/wcstombs_l(), but NetBSD satisfies the second
> requirement.

Check.

> The other uses of uselocale() are in ECPG code that must
> be falling back to the setlocale() path.  In other words, isn't it the
> case that we don't require uselocale() to compile ECPG stuff, but it'll
> probably crash or corrupt itself or give wrong answers if you push it
> on NetBSD, so... uhh, really we do require it?

Dunno.  mamba is getting through the ecpg regression tests okay,
but we all know that doesn't prove a lot.  (AFAICS, ecpg only
cares about this to the extent of not wanting an LC_NUMERIC
locale where the decimal point isn't '.'.  I'm not sure that
NetBSD supports any such locale anyway --- I think they're like
OpenBSD in having only pro-forma locale support.)