Re: git: uh-oh

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of vie sep 10 12:51:26 -0400 2010:

> Hmm, I have 1.12.13 here and it works for me.
>
> I see that CVSROOT/config used to have the same lines:
>
> LocalKeyword=PostgreSQL=CVSHeader
> KeywordExpand=iPostgreSQL
>
> but now they are in the "config.bak" file.  Maybe the options file is
> not used by your cvs command (I know mine is patched by Debian somehow)

Yeah, the README.Debian file says (and this probably explains why it
works for Magnus as well):

Control of Keyword Expansion
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since version 1.12.2 CVS has supported, without external
patches, custom keyword expansion options.  Previously CVS required a
patch to implement this, and users may know the feature as the options
"tag" and "tagexpand" from the CVSROOT/options file.  CVS now uses a
similar method in CVSROOT/config.  For more information see the CVS
documentation(infobrowser "(CVS)Configuring keyword expansion").

The old CVSROOT/options patch is still present (and updated) to
support users with old config for now, but will be removed
soon. Update your config to use CVSROOT/config instead!
-- James Rowe <Jay@jnrowe.ukfsn.org>  Sat,  03 Apr 2004 23:23:57 +0100