Re: Bug / shortcoming in has_*_privilege

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Bug / shortcoming in has_*_privilege
Дата
Re: Bug / shortcoming in has_*_privilege  (KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>)
Re: Bug / shortcoming in has_*_privilege  (Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki.takahiro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Jim Nasby's message of jue jun 10 17:54:43 -0400 2010:
> test_us@workbook=# select has_table_privilege( 'public', 'test', 'SELECT' );
> ERROR:  role "public" does not exist

Here's a patch implementing this idea.

I'm not too sure about the wording in the doc changes.  If somebody
wants to propose something better, I'm all ears.  To facilitate
bikeshedding, here's a relevant extract:

    has_table_privilege checks whether a user can access a table in
    a particular way. The user can be specified by name; as public,
    to indicate the PUBLIC pseudo-role; by OID (pg_authid.oid), or,
    if the argument is omitted, current_user is assumed.

(the first appearance of public is <literal>public</>.  I had first made
it <quote> but that didn't feel right.)

Another thing that could raise eyebrows is that I chose to remove the
"missing_ok" argument from get_role_oid_or_public, so it's not a perfect
mirror of it.  None of the current callers need it, but perhaps people
would like these functions to be consistent.

Вложения