Re: how can I fix my accent issues?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: how can I fix my accent issues?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/9/23 07:54, Igniris Valdivia Baez wrote:
> this is the settings for my local db which I failed to say is also in
> Postgres 14, the dev db is in Postgres 15.4 has UTF an en_US.utf8
> collation, for the ETL process I'm using Pentaho Data Integration
> tool, also known as kettle, thanks in advance

The basic issue is that the receiving database(dev/15.4) assumes it is
receiving UTF8 when in fact it is receiving Spanish_Cuba.1252. The
suggestion from Laurenz Albe was to set PGCLIENTENCODING = WIN1252 to
provide the receiving database the information it needed to make the
proper conversion. This works for
libpq(https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/libpq-envars.html) based
clients or a client that otherwise 'knows' about PGCLIENTENCODING. I
have no idea whether Pentaho Kettle would make use of PGCLIENTENCODING.
Some searching indicated that you can set character/encoding options in
the Pentaho connection dialog.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: Question on overall design
Сообщение: Re: Question on overall design