Re: Correction: datatypes are not "faster"

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Correction: datatypes are not "faster"
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> To this:
>
> On 32-bit operating systems, or when PostgreSQL is complied 32-bit,

On 32-bit architectures, or when PostgreSQL is compiled as 32-bit
binaries, operations using bigint may be slower than those with

---
The problem I have with words like significant is that bigint is not
noticeably slower. It is statistically slower (am I saying that right?).
Sure if you "test" it, bigint will come out slower. Real world suggests
that nobody is going to notice.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor