Re: compiling with RELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE doesn't pass regression

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: compiling with RELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE doesn't pass regression
Дата
Re: compiling with RELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE doesn't pass regression  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> > Compiling with RELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE doesn't pass "make check" on my
> > machine.
>
> What happens exactly?
>
> > Is it supposed to pass?
>
> It shouldn't crash, but I'm not certain whether you'd see any
> visible diffs in the tests.

I do:

  CFLAGS="-O0 -DRELCACHE_FORCE_RELEASE" ./configure --enable-debug \
    --enable-depend --enable-cassert

I have attached regression.diffs after a "make check". The diffs don't
look trivial, and actually look quite strange to me.

It happens deterministically for me, so I assume that anyone on linux
x86-64 would see the same thing.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Fix for pg_upgrade's forcing pg_controldata into English
Сообщение: Re: Fix for pg_upgrade's forcing pg_controldata into English