pg_resetxlog display bogosity

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема pg_resetxlog display bogosity
Дата
Re: pg_resetxlog display bogosity  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I just noticed that if I specify pg_resetxlog a timeline ID with the -l
switch, it will display this value as "TimeLineID of latest checkpoint".
Which is not really the truth.

I wonder if pg_resetxlog should display the actual pg_control values in
one section, and the values that would be set after a reset in a
different section, so that it is extra clear.  So it would look like
pg_control values:
pg_control version number:            903Catalog version number:               201004261Database system identifier:
     5509100787461288958Latest checkpoint's TimeLineID:       1Latest checkpoint's NextXID:          0/667Latest
checkpoint'sNextOID:          16390Latest checkpoint's NextMultiXactId:  1Latest checkpoint's NextMultiOffset:  0Latest
checkpoint'soldestXID:        654Latest checkpoint's oldestXID's DB:   1Latest checkpoint's oldestActiveXID:  0Maximum
dataalignment:               8Database block size:                  8192Blocks per segment of large relation: 131072WAL
blocksize:                       8192Bytes per WAL segment:                16777216Maximum length of identifiers:
64Maximum columns in an index:          32Maximum size of a TOAST chunk:        1996Date/time type storage:
 64-bit integersFloat4 argument passing:              by valueFloat8 argument passing:              by value

Values to be used after reset:
First log file ID:                    14First log file segment:               28TimeLineID:
57

(I'd also like to point out that the "Latest checkpoint's" phrasing is awkward
and cumbersome for translated output, but I'm refraining from suggest a
reword because it'd complicate matters for programs that try to read the
output)

--
Álvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>