Re: MySQL versus Postgres

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: MySQL versus Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 15:42 -0400, Vick Khera wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Marco Colombo <pgsql@esiway.net> wrote:
> > Well, my idea was more along the line of "automatically try to acquire a
> > reasonable amount of the available resources".
> >

> I challenge you to defined "reasonable" in a manner that will satisfy
> more than 50% of the users in all possible use cases.

I could do it for 90.

What people seem to forget about this thread is that we don't have to be
correct, just better than what we are now. Generally speaking 90% of the
users out there, by changing a dozen parameters by a basis of percentage
will see a productive result.

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor