Re: BUG #7642: Unchecked “stats_temp_directory” causes server hang to requests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #7642: Unchecked “stats_temp_directory” causes server hang to requests
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
tixu@cs.ucsd.edu writes:
> I set the stats_temp_directory='' in my postgresql.conf file, with the
> expectation that the directory would be under the data directory.

Why would you think that's a good idea?  It's already going to be under
the data directory.  The only reason to change this setting is if you're
going to point to a ramdisk somewhere, which is going to need an
absolute path.

> I found pg has several unchecked user configurations which might cause
> problems at run-time. I suggest to check it like what has been done for
> “data_directory” to avoid latter problems. Here is the patches.

This patch seems to have got mangled by your mailer, but in any case I
don't really see the value.  There are any number of ways to mess up
settings like these, and only some of them are detectable by tests
of this sort.  Also, the proposed patch only checks at startup time;
if we're going to install training wheels, that doesn't seem sufficient.

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #7642: Unchecked “stats_temp_directory” causes server hang to requests
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] BUG #7642: Unchecked “stats_temp_directory” causes server hang to requests