Re: initdb fails to allocate shared memory

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: initdb fails to allocate shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 11:15 -0400, A.M. wrote:
> I am using pgsql9.0b4 (but pgsql8.4 exhibits the same behavior) on MacOS 10.6.4 and initdb fails:
> initdb: removing data directory "/Volumes/Data/pgsql90b"
>
> I would like to create the database space and then reduce the shared memory requirements in postgresql.conf, but this
situationseems to create a chicken-and-egg problem. How can I reduce shared_buffers or max_connections prior to running
initdb?

If you don't have enough shared memory to initdb, you don't have enough
to run postgresql. You need to increase your shared memory for MacOS
per:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/kernel-resources.html

And then initdb.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

От: PMC OS
Сообщение: Re: How to setup PostgreSQL to work with libpam-pgsql/libnss-pgsql2?
От: John R Pierce
Сообщение: Re: Feature proposal