Re: How to configure the postmaster daemon so that it accepts TCP connections?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to configure the postmaster daemon so that it accepts TCP connections?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ankuj Gupta <ankuj2004@gmail.com> writes:
> I installed it using yum. I had a look at the /etc/profile file but it
> didn't have $PGDATA .

In an RPM install the data directory is typically going to be
/var/lib/pgsql/data/.  There may not be anything there yet if you
haven't started the postmaster once already.  I concur with Scott's
advice to modify postgresql.conf rather than touching the init script
--- any package update is likely to overwrite the script.

(Not that you really need to worry about any future updates happening to
a Fedora 9 installation :-(.  Why aren't you using a current distro for
which you can get updates?  There are now-known security and data loss
risks for the last PG version that shipped in Fedora 9, and the same can
be said for quite a lot of other components in that release.)