Re: small smgrcreate cleanup patch

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: small smgrcreate cleanup patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue ago 19 23:35:06 -0400 2010:
> > So I propose moving the TablespaceCreateDbspace() call to mdcreate(),
> > removing the redundant check from smgrcreate(), and deleting that
> > portion of the comment which says this is in the wrong place.
>
> While I don't care for having smgr.c call tablespace.c, moving the call to
> md.c instead is surely not an improvement :-(.  The problem here is that
> we'd like the tablespace code to be above the smgr code, not below.
> Calling it from md.c makes the layer inversion worse not better.

I proposed moving that code to storage.c some time ago but was shot down
for reasons I don't remember, and didn't press further.  Perhaps the
idea of moving it all to smgr.c/md.c for tablespace.c to call makes more
sense; but if that doesn't happen, I still think that storage.c is a
better place.