Re: Progress indication prototype

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Progress indication prototype
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2010-08-17 at 08:31 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Will we be able to use it for psql while keeping just one database
> connection?  I assume the answer is 'no', but it sure would be nice..

How do you expect that to behave?  I suppose the backend could send
NOTICE-like messages every 1% or so, and then psql could try to display
that in some way (which?), but then I suspect that a) it will annoy some
people, so b) it will have to be off by default, and then c) it won't be
enabled when you need it.