Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Forgot to dump old data before re-installing machine
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> The usual advice, telling them to replicate the binaries used to create it
> in the first place, isn't always the easiest to follow.  It seems to me
> that including a "environment at cluster creation" note in $PGDATA like
> Dave suggests would be helpful for these cases; PG_VERSION just isn't
> enough information.  I'd also throw in the locale information used for the
> cluster, as that seems like something it would be nice to have in simple
> text form as well there and is also a spot people are confused about.

pg_controldata already provides this information, no?  At least barring
the case of wrong-time_t-size, which we already know we want to fix.

Сообщение: Re: 7.4.6 to 8.2.5 - ' changes to $_$
Сообщение: Re: 7.4.6 to 8.2.5 - ' changes to $_$