Re: Surprising dead_tuple_count from pgstattuple

От Gordon Shannon
Тема Re: Surprising dead_tuple_count from pgstattuple
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Robert Haas wrote:

> My thought would be "is autovacuum running in the background in
> between these commands?".

That's a good thought, but no, autovacuum_vacuum_scale_factor is set to 0.2,
meaning that over 1 million dead tuples are necessary for autovacuum.
Besides, if autovacuum had run, I think the pg_stat_user_tables.n_dead_tup
would have reset to zero, as it did after my manual vacuum.

Regarding HOT prune, I never did any updates, so I think there couldn't be
any HOT tuples.  Or does HOT prune do more than that?