Re: Need help understanding vacuum verbose output

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Need help understanding vacuum verbose output
Дата
Re: Need help understanding vacuum verbose output  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Excerpts from Brad Nicholson's message of vie ago 06 12:01:27 -0400 2010:
>   On 10-08-06 11:45 AM, Gordon Shannon wrote:
> > OK, so if it knew that all vacuumable tuples could be found in 492 pages, and
> > it scanned only those pages, then how could it be that it reports 16558
> > removable tuples from those 492 pages, when it has already reported earlier
> > that it removed 45878 tuples -- a number we know in fact to be correct?  How
> > could both statements be correct?
>
> It found 45878 dead tuples in 396 pages for the index authors_archive_pkey.
>
> It found 16558 dead tuples in 492 pages for the table authors_archive.

But why did it choose to skip the rest of the pages in authors_archive,
if there certainly are a lot of vacuumable tuples in (some of) them?

Сообщение: Re: Need help understanding vacuum verbose output
Сообщение: Re: Need help understanding vacuum verbose output