Re: refactoring comment.c

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: refactoring comment.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of vie ago 06 11:02:58 -0400 2010:

> Any comments?  (ha ha ha...)

Interesting idea.  The patch looks fine on a quick once-over.  Two small
things: this comment

+    /*
+     * Databases, tablespaces, and roles are cluster-wide objects, so any
+     * comments on those objects are record in the shared pg_shdescription
+     * catalog.  Comments on all other objects are recorded in pg_description.
+     */

says "record" where it should say "recorded".

Also, it strikes me that perhaps the ObjectAddress struct definition
should be moved to the new header file; seems a more natural place for
it (but then, it seems like a lot of files will need to include the new
header, so perhaps that should be left to a subsequent patch).

Thirdly, is it just me or just could replace a lot of code in DropFoo
functions with this new auxiliary code?  Seems it's just missing
"missing_ok" support ...