Re: merge command - GSoC progress

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: merge command - GSoC progress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 17:23 +0800, Boxuan Zhai wrote:
> Dear Robert,
>
> I am just considering that there may be some logical mistakes for my
> rule rewriting strategy of MERGE actions.
>
> In my current design, if we find that an action type, say UPDATE, is
> replaced by INSTEAD rules, we will remove all the actions of this type
> from the MERGE command, as if they are not be specified by user from
> the beginning. See the test example in my pages for this situation.
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/MergeTestExamples#With_INSTEAD_rules

It seems sensible to use the test files that I wrote for MERGE in 2008,
published to -hackers at that time.

The tests were a complete output from a MERGE test script.

Developing new tests when we already have code makes little sense, plus
its a good way of objectively testing that the spec has been implemented
correctly in these patches.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

Сообщение: Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch
Сообщение: Re: review: psql: edit function, show function commands patch