Re: alter table set tablespace

От ChronicDB Community Team
Тема Re: alter table set tablespace
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff,

One way to address the indefinite locking due to an ALTER TABLE
statement for PostgreSQL is to use ChronicDB. It allows you to apply
such a schema change live, without bringing down the database.

The space requirements for applying the live schema change would be to
have at least twice as much space available on disk as the existing
database.