Re: Two problems when using Postgresql8.3.7, Please helpme!

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Two problems when using Postgresql8.3.7, Please helpme!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2010-08-04 at 00:34 +0800, Richard wrote:
> 1.To add live HA  to PG, I transfer WAL of a database instance(Primary node) to another database instance (standby
node)at real time, and keep startup alive in standby node to recovery WAL online,so that standby node can be a hot
standby.
> But I got some trouble. When standby node switch to primary mode to accept connections, of course after startup
initilizethe WAL and exit, the postgres process ereportERROR

> when mdread function enter ERROR branch, and I got message like this
> "could not read block X of  relation X/X/X: read only Xof X bytes". I
> spent two days to figure out what happened, but it is too hard.Please
> help me.

What are you using to transfer the WAL?

Did you read this chapter?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/continuous-archiving.html

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp HEAD as 9.1devel.
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: reducing NUMERIC size for 9.1