Re: Alternate db location

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Alternate db location
Дата
Список pgsql-general
rwhart@mchsi.com writes:
> [ initdb fails with ]
> creating directory /pg_data/pg_tblspc ... ok
> selecting default max_connections ... 10
> selecting default shared_buffers ... 50
> creating configuration files ... ok
> creating template1 database in /pg_data/base/1 ...

Hmm, the "default max_connections" and "default shared_buffers" values
are pretty fishy: those are the minimums that initdb will select if
the postgres bootstrap process failed to start with anything larger.
I interpret the above as saying that postgres boot won't start at all.
What do you see if you start it by hand, ie

    postgres -boot -x0 template1