Re: Error compiling 7.1 on Caldera OpenLinux

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Error compiling 7.1 on Caldera OpenLinux
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Bruce MacKay <bmackay@calderasystems.com> writes:
> Seems you've hit the problem right on the head.  I did a find for zlib.h and
> found two different versions of the file on my system.
> The copy in /usr/include did not have z_streamp defined.  The copy in
> /usr/src/linux-2.2.14/drivers/net did have a definition.

Okay.  I think we'll just state that we require zlib 1.0.4 or newer;
since that's pretty far back, it doesn't bother me a lot to do so.
(Current zlib release is 1.1.3, last I looked.)

I suppose we could add an AC_EGREP_HEADER test to see if <zlib.h>
defines z_streamp or not; is that worth the trouble?