Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Дата
Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE  (Marko Tiikkaja <marko.tiikkaja@cs.helsinki.fi>)
Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Marko Tiikkaja's message of vie jul 23 17:44:21 -0400 2010:
> On 7/24/10 12:37 AM +0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Excerpts from Marko Tiikkaja's message of vie jul 23 14:13:18 -0400 2010:

> > I don't think it's fair game to change the behavior of multiple-output
> > rules at this point.  However, I also think that it's unwise to base
> > wCTEs on the behavior of rules -- rules are widely considered broken and
> > unusable for nontrivial cases.
>
> I don't want to change the behaviour either, but we have two different
> behaviours right now.  We need to change at least the other.

It seems like it's EXPLAIN ANALYZE that needs fixing.

> wCTEs are not going to be based on any of the broken behaviour of rules,
> that's for sure.  What I meant is expanding a single query into multiple
> queries and running the executor separately for all of them.

Is a wCTE going to be expanded into multiple queries?

If not, it sounds like we're all agreed.

Сообщение: Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE
Сообщение: Re: Rewrite, normal execution vs. EXPLAIN ANALYZE