Re: multibyte charater set in levenshtein function

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: multibyte charater set in levenshtein function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mié jul 21 14:25:47 -0400 2010:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 7:40 AM, Alexander Korotkov
> <aekorotkov@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Same benefit can be achived by replacing char * with
> > char * and length.
> > I changed !m to m == 0 because Itagaki asked me to make it conforming coding
> > style. Do you think there is no reason to fix coding style in existing
> > code?
>
> Yeah, we usually try to avoid changing that sort of thing in existing
> code, unless there's a very good reason.

I think fixing a stylistic issue in code that's being edited for other
purposes is fine, and a good idea going forward.  We wouldn't commit a
patch that would *only* fix those, because that would cause a problem
for backpatches for no benefit, but if the patch touches something else,
then a backpatch of another patch is going to need manual intervention
anyway.