Re: managing git disk space usage

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: managing git disk space usage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2010-07-20 at 13:28 -0400, Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
> But *all* dependancies need to be proper in the build system, or you
> end
> up needing a git-clean-type-cleanup between branch switches, forcing a
> new configure run too, which takes too much time...

This realization, while true, doesn't really help, because we are
talking about maintaining 5+ year old back branches, where we are not
going to fiddle with the build system at this time.  Also, the switch
from 9.0 to 9.1 the other day showed everyone who cared to watch that
the dependencies are currently not correct for major version switches,
so this method will definitely not work at the moment.