Re: bg worker: overview

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: bg worker: overview
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 16:30 +0200, Markus Wanner wrote:

> I've combined these two components into a single, general purpose
> background worker infrastructure component

I think many people want such a feature, so the requirement is good.

The code itself merely reflects your design, so what I would really like
to see is a full explanation of this. If the generalisation is to be
accepted we need a very clear explanation of how it works and details of
the API since that is what's needed to allow other people besides
yourself to begin using it for patches in 9.1.

If we can see the docs on that SGML/README form then we'll be able to
more quickly agree how to proceed. After that, reviewing your patch
against that design will be easy/ier.

Let's go for this in stages. If we can get something basic and useful
for lots of people in this commitfest, we can layer on the other stuff
later.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services