Re: Functional dependencies and GROUP BY

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Functional dependencies and GROUP BY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2010-07-16 at 22:29 -0600, Alex Hunsaker wrote:
> The only corner case I have run into is creating a view with what I
> would call an implicit 'not null' constraint.  Demonstration below:
>
> create table nn (a int4 not null, b int4, unique (a));
> select * from nn group by a; -- should this work? I think not?

I believe I referred to this upsthread.  There is another patch in the
commitfest about explicitly representing NOT NULL constraints in
pg_constraint.  Then this case would create a dependency on those
constraints.  So we need to get that other patch in first.