Re: [HACKERS] Backup database with entries > 8192 KBytes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Backup database with entries > 8192 KBytes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"G. Anthony Reina" <reina@nsi.edu> writes:
> I know that I can't insert a tuple into Postgres > 8192 KBytes long.

Er, make that 8K.  If the limit were 8Meg, a lot fewer people would be
complaining about it...

> need to store data in a variable length float array which can take up a
> total length of greater than this amount. To get around the limit, we
> simply insert a zeroed array (which takes up less character space)

Huh?  I assume you're talking about an array of float4 (or float8).
That's going to be 4 (or 8) bytes per value internally, zero or not.

Maybe you are thinking of the external textual representation of the
array.

> Okay, long intro for a short question. When we do a pg_dump and then
> restore the database should the COPY contained within the pg_dumped file
> be able to handle these long arrays?

Offhand I'm not sure.  I don't see any obvious restriction in copy.c,
but there could be lurking problems elsewhere.  Have you tried it?