Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add a hook in ExecCheckRTPerms().

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add a hook in ExecCheckRTPerms().
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 13:21 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Except that it *is* a change in behavior: the first check will occur
> >> too soon.
>
> > Sooner matters why?
>
> Consider PREPARE followed only later by EXECUTE.  Your proposal would
> make the PREPARE fail outright, when it currently does not.

Just to avoid wasted investigation: are you saying that is important
behaviour that is essential we retain in PostgreSQL, or will you hear
evidence that supporting that leads to a performance decrease elsewhere?

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services