Re: Simplifying Text Search

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Simplifying Text Search
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The fact that we are having this discussion at all demonstrates to me
> that we should leave well alone - any use of LIKE in this context is
> just about guaranteed to cause massive confusion.

Also, the semantics of LIKE are perfectly clearly specified by the SQL
standard; unless you're willing to ignore the spec, it's simply not
that useful for full-text search.  Therefore, we have to tell people
to use some other API anyway.  The existing tsearch2 API at least has
the virtue of having been proven in the field over several years.