Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix log_temp_files docs and comments to say bytes not kilobytes.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 10:56 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> Shouldn't this be backpatched, or was this a new bug in 9.0?
>
> We've always output bytes.  I'd have noticed the discrepancy myself if
> I'd read the actual docs ;-)

We can still output bytes, no problem. The issue is that the parameter
is actually measured in bytes, whereas the docs say kilobytes, so you
get much more log output than you were expecting.

> KB would be more useful.  And I don't think people have enough scripts
> built on this yet to make this break anything.  We should backport to 8.4.

OK

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services