Re: Backup issues

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Backup issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2010-06-25 at 23:24 +0530, RP Khare wrote:
> I never used PostgreSQL in production environment. Now I got an
> opportunity to migrate a MySQL production database to PostgreSQL.
> Before migrating, I have few queries on data recovery:
>
>      1. Is there any feature of scheduled backups?

You can schedule backups anyway you like :). If you are on Windows I
believe you can use the job agent stuff in contrib. That might make your
life easier. Otherwise you can write a batch file.

>      1. In case there is no backup and I want to shift my data files
>         to a new PC, how to do that?

You have to move the whole cluster. (Your data directory)

>      1. Are the Redo Logs enabled by default?

Yes, its called WAL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--