Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: WIP: WAL prefetch (another approach)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> writes:
> But if you're interested and can explain the tests to run I can try to
> get the tests running on this machine:

I'm not sure that machine is close enough to prove much, but by all
means give it a go if you wish.  My test setup was explained in [1]:

>> To recap, the test lashup is:
>> * 2003 PowerMac G4 (1.25GHz PPC 7455, 7200 rpm spinning-rust drive)
>> * Standard debug build (--enable-debug --enable-cassert)
>> * Out-of-the-box configuration, except add wal_consistency_checking = all
>> and configure a wal-streaming standby on the same machine
>> * Repeatedly run "make installcheck-parallel", but skip the tablespace
>> test to avoid issues with the standby trying to use the same directory
>> * Delay long enough after each installcheck-parallel to let the
>> standby catch up (the run proper is ~24 min, plus 2 min for catchup)

Remember also that the code in question is not in HEAD; you'd
need to apply Munro's patches, or check out some commit from
around 2021-04-22.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/3502526.1619925367%40sss.pgh.pa.us